9:30 am–6:30 pm
American Museum of Natural History (West 81st Street & Central Park West)
Enjoy a Museum-wide festival of art, science, and culture in honor of Earth Day. The schedule is packed with family-friendly culture including a site-specific interactive umbrella dance with Pilobolus, live harp, drum, and piano music, performances by the Deedle Deedle Dees and other singer-songwriters, screenings of Wall-E and nature documentaries, bird-inspired storytime and origami, and more activities for all ages.
Eats & Treats: Go casual at Shake Shack across Columbus, home of delicious cheeseburgers and decadent frozen concretes (including a 'Natural History Crunch-stellation'), or avoid the crowds and cross 77th Street for antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis at classy Caffe Storico in the New-York Historical Society. The new larger Levain Bakery (home of the famous giant chocolate chip cookies) is a few blocks west at Amsterdam & 77th Street.
- Our Senses: An Immersive Experience Monday, November 20–Sunday, January 6 12:00 am
- Unseen Oceans Monday, March 12–Sunday, January 6 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Origami Holiday Tree Wednesday, November 21–Sunday, January 13 10:00 am–5:45 pm
- Gateway Storytime Friday, December 14 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, December 21 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Watson Adventures: The Wizard School Scavenger Hunt 2: The Museum of Magical History Thursday, December 27 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Gateway Storytime Friday, December 28 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, January 4 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, January 11 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, January 18 10:00 am–11:45 am