Jan 1 @ 8:00 am - Dec 31 @ 7:00 pm
Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
Find cool design and amazing bridge/Manhattan views at a large waterfront park on the site of a former Domino Sugar factory.
* The playground, designed by the artist Mark Reigelman, has fun features like spinning valve wheels cast from Domino Sugar originals and a 26-foot-high silo with ladders, webbing and slides pay homage to the manufacturing process of the refinery.
* Pick up tacos, margaritas and more from counter-service Tacocina with colorful outdoor seating.
* Stroll on an elevated walkway cantilevered off of 21 columns preserved from the Domino factory’s original Raw Sugar Warehouse for pretty perspectives of the river, skyline and park. ADA/stroller access by ramp near the Gantry Cranes.
* Shop fresh, local produce and products back at the Domino Park Greenmarket every Sunday 9 am to 3 pm.
* In warm weather, frolic in waterfront fountains, near remaining elements of the former Domino Sugar Factory. In the evening, the fountains are illuminated in pretty colors. Try artisanal popsicles from Mom & Icepops.
* Take the NYC ferry from Wall Street, East 34th Street and elsewhere to the North Williamsburg landing for a special arrival. The L train Bedford Station is a 15-20 minute walk away.
Support small Brooklyn businesses at an outdoor flea located on the waterfront with gorgeous views of the Manhattan skyline. Shop over 100 vendors from vintage and antiques to local art and design, fresh fashion and a variety of international food.
Also enjoy live music, shows and outdoor activities for the whole family like comedy, skateboarding,…More info
Nosh at a Saturday open-air food market in America featuring over 35 local vendors in a waterfront park. At what the New York Times calls “The Woodstock of Eating,” try unique treats like fried cookie dough balls, Honduran baleadas, baklava beignets, butter tarts, Japanese fried chicken, lobster truffle fries and so much more yumminess.More info
Play a colorful 9-hole course under Brooklyn based artist Jason Naylor’s vibrant “You Are Not Alone” mural, part of a global public art project of the same name that inspires artists to create work in their communities, sparking hope and connection.
On the plaza level of the hip William Vale Hotel, also home to delicious…More info
Dance and sing along to the music of iconic rockers at an interactive and educational live music experience for families at the super cool Brooklyn Bowl. Featured musicians change weekly, from David Bowie to John Lennon to Tom Petty.
Loud (bring hearing protection earmuffs for sensitive ears) with lots of dancing. Doors open at 11:00…More info