3:30 pm–4:30 pm
Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) (4 West 53rd Street)
$25, $18/seniors, $14/students, free/ages 16 & under
Join artist Emily Spivack for a clothing dissection workshop. Physically disassemble archetypal garments into their component parts, or “innards,” to better understand what they’re made of and how they were constructed. This workshop is designed for adult participants but children are welcome if accompanied by an adult collaborator. Space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Sign-up begins half an hour prior to each workshop. Part of the The People’s Studio.
Eats & Treats: Casual Cafe 2 on the second floor has yummy Italian food and high chairs. In the summer snack on small plates and gelato in the peaceful Sculpture Garden. Stop by the midtown outpost of the inventive bakery Momofuku Milk Bar two blocks north for aptly-named crack pie and soft serve cereal milk ice cream.
- MoMA Art Lab: Nature Monday, January 1–Tuesday, December 31 10:30 am–5:00 pm
- MoMA Lounge Friday, June 1–Tuesday, December 31 12:00 am
- If Everything Is Sculpture Why Make Sculpture? Saturday, June 16–Monday, September 30 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Constantin Brancusi Sculpture Wednesday, August 1–Monday, February 18 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Judson Dance Theater: The Work Is Never Done Monday, October 1–Sunday, February 3 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- The Long Run Friday, November 2–Tuesday, December 31 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Simone Forti’s Dance Constructions Tuesday, January 22 11:30 am–4:30 pm
- Simone Forti’s Dance Constructions Thursday, January 24 11:30 am–4:30 pm
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, January 26 10:15 am–11:15 am
- Family Art Workshops: Drawing People Saturday, January 26 10:30 am–12:00 pm