4:00 pm–7:00 pm
New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
Enjoy hands-on historical activities and eat lots of terrific food. Explore Harry Potter: A History of Magic and understand how historical objects—a sorcerer’s stone, Tarot cards, and a Narwhal tusk, for example—were valued by people in the past for their ability to help shape and predict their lives. Proceeds from the Family Benefit Party support year-round family, school, and teacher programs.
Eats & Treats: Feast on antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis at Caffe Storico, the museum's classy but kid-friendly eatery or grab pastries and sandwichs at counter service Parliament Espresso and Coffee. Head down 77th Street for burgers and frozen custard at Shake Shack.
- Black Citizenship in the Age of Jim Crow Friday, September 7–Sunday, March 3 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Harry Potter: A History of Magic Friday, October 5–Sunday, January 27 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- 47% Off New-York Historical Society Friday, November 23–Thursday, January 31 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, January 18 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Living History: Founding Black Harlem Saturday, January 19 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Stroller Tour Through History Sunday, January 20 10:15 am–11:00 am
- New-York Historical Society Storytime Sunday, January 20 11:30 am–12:30 pm
- Living History: Founding Black Harlem Sunday, January 20 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Living History: Founding Black Harlem Monday, January 21 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, January 22 3:30 pm–4:15 pm