Guggenheim (1071 5th Avenue at 89th Street)
$22, $18/students & seniors, free/kids under 12
Vietnamese-Danish artist Danh Vo’s sculptures, photographs, and works on paper that he has created over the past fifteen years circle a central paradox: that the self is plural and inherently fluid, yet decisively shaped by larger power structures. A son’s last letter home from a distant land, a father’s cherished wristwatch, a marriage certificate, and a glittering chandelier become charged conduits of history and identity.
Eats & Treats: Cafe 3 on the third floor serves sandwiches, pastries, chocolates, coffee, tea, wine, and beer with a spectacular view across Fifth Avenue to Central Park. Or visit Dean & Deluca a few blocks south on E 86th Street for an array of gourmet goodies.
Also at this location:
- Brancusi Thursday, March 1–Sunday, September 30 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Giacometti Friday, June 8–Wednesday, September 12 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Guggenheim Open Studios For Families Sunday, July 22 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Guggenheim Stroller Tour Tuesday, July 24 3:00 pm–4:00 pm
- National Ice Cream Month Giveaway Tuesday, July 24 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Guggenheim Free Hours Saturday, July 28 5:45 pm–7:45 pm
- Guggenheim Open Studios For Families Sunday, July 29 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Guggenheim Free Hours Saturday, August 4 5:45 pm–7:45 pm
- Guggenheim Open Studios For Families Sunday, August 5 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Guggenheim Free Hours Saturday, August 11 5:45 pm–7:45 pm