Suggested Ages: All
See gorgeous historic and contemporary design in a stunning 19th-century mansion turned into a high-tech, interactive dream for all ages.
* Go inside your design in the kid-favorite Wallpaper Immersion Room. Create digital wallpaper – or chose from an amazing assortment in the museum’s collection – and project them onto the walls at full scale. My kids could do this all day.
* Explore iconic Floridian prints in Suzie Zuzek for Lilly Pulitzer: The Artist Behind an Iconic Fashion Brand, 1962-1985. Look for lots of colors, flowers, and creatures in 35 original watercolor and gouache design drawings by Zuzek, alongside finished screen-printed textiles and some of the fashions that made them famous.
* No tickets needed to lounge on high-design, kid-friendly furniture (including super-fun spinning chairs) in the tranquil garden & terrace, get pizza, panini, salads and biscotti in the museum’s cafe Tarallucci e Vino or browse the cool gift shop.
* Admission is free for all through Nov 29; timed-entry tickets required. A limited number of tickets also available for walk-ins.
This big playground invokes Egyptian themes with climbable pyramids, a large sand lot and a spray shower that represents Egypt’s Nile River in reference to the ancient Temple of Dendur at the Metropolitan Museum of Art next door. Lots of slides, tunnels and concrete bridges plus bucket, tire and strap swings are perfect for…More info
Skate in the middle of magical Central Park at this spacious rink, back under new management.
* A rink-side cafe that serves hot cocoa, hot dogs, burgers, tacos, grilled cheese sandwiches, vegan options and more.
* Lockers available for $7/day.
* Group and private lessons available.
* Adult admission is $9 less on Monday-Thursday (non-holiday).…More info