10:30 am–5:30 pm
Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) (4 West 53rd Street)
$25, $18/seniors, $14/students, free/ages 16 & under
See 11 beguiling simple sculptures by Constantin Brancusi, shown together for the first time, alongside drawings, photographs, and films. Guess what animals he’s evoking with his bold geometric forms or make up your own interpretation. Check out the accompanying playlist from Brancusi’s extensive record collection.
Eats & Treats: Casual Cafe 2 on the second floor has yummy Italian food and high chairs. In the summer snack on small plates and gelato in the peaceful Sculpture Garden. Stop by the midtown outpost of the inventive bakery Momofuku Milk Bar two blocks north for aptly-named crack pie and soft serve cereal milk ice cream.
- MoMA Art Lab: Nature Monday, January 1–Tuesday, December 31 10:30 am–5:00 pm
- MoMA Lounge Friday, June 1–Tuesday, December 31 12:00 am
- If Everything Is Sculpture Why Make Sculpture? Saturday, June 16–Monday, September 30 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Constantin Brancusi Sculpture Wednesday, August 1–Monday, February 18 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Judson Dance Theater: The Work Is Never Done Monday, October 1–Sunday, February 3 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- The Long Run Friday, November 2–Tuesday, December 31 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, January 19 10:15 am–11:15 am
- Family Art Workshops: Drawing People Saturday, January 19 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Simone Forti’s Dance Constructions Saturday, January 19 11:30 am–4:30 pm
- MoMA Family Films: Overcoming Obstacles Saturday, January 19 12:00 pm–1:00 pm