Children's Museum of Manhattan (CMOM) (212 West 83rd Street between Broadway & Amsterdam)
$11, $7/seniors, free/ages 11 months old & younger
See the work of New York City’s up and coming professional artists who work with collage and join in workshops to explore each artist’s creative process, the practice of collage, and collage’s impact on early childhood development through collaborative art-making. Featured artists include Naomi Reis in April, Tai Hwa Goh in August and Alexandria Smith in December. Children will work with each artist on a large-scale collaborative artwork which will be on view at the Museum alongside existing works by each artist.
Eats & Treats: Choose from salads, sandwiches, amazing healthy artisanal bread and not-so-healthy pastries at the new UWS outpost of the 100-year-old Orwasher's Bakery at Amsterdam & 81st Street. The extensive cheesecake-heavy dessert menu and charming decor lure locals to cash-only tourist trap Cafe Lalo across the street.
Also at this location:
- Let’s Dance! Saturday, July 1–Monday, December 31 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Dynamic H2O Saturday, May 26–Sunday, September 30 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Art, Artists & You Saturday, June 2–Monday, December 31 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Free Children’s Museum of Manhattan Friday, August 3 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Free Children’s Museum of Manhattan Friday, September 7 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Free Children’s Museum of Manhattan Friday, October 5 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Free Children’s Museum of Manhattan Friday, November 2 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Free Children’s Museum of Manhattan Friday, December 7 5:00 pm–8:00 pm