Central Park Zoo
Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
Visit sea lions, snow monkeys, red pandas, turtles, bears and other animals at the cozy Central Park Zoo.
* Most indoor areas are now open including the delightful penguins & sea birds exhibit and tropic zone. 4D Theater is closed.
* Climb, play and pet at the interactive children’s zoo across the path.
* Some food and shopping available but only accepting credit card/apple pay.
* Don’t miss the Delacorte Clock outside the zoo. The animals statues move and twirl at each quarter hour.
* Advance online ticket purchase and masks required. Consider an annual zoo membership that includes admission to the Bronx and other NYC Zoos.
Try to open massive stone doors in a massive three-part sculpture on the southeastern edge of Central Park. Moyer’s hybrid sculpture unites imported stone with rock indigenous to the New York region with beautiful inlaid marble fragments. The title pays homage to Public Art Fund founder, Doris C. Freedman (1928-1981)More info
Lovers of dinosaurs, sea creatures, outer space and more can get their animal & nature fix at this giant (45 fascinating halls) treasure trove of wonders.
* Online advance timed ticket purchase required, even for members.
* Download the Museum’s free Explorer app. for maps, self-guided themed tours, behind-the-scenes stories about exhibits, quizzes, and…More info
See exciting, well-designed exhibits in the striking Frank Lloyd Wright–designed landmark modern museum.
* April 30 through June 21, Christian Nyampeta transforms the Guggenheim’s iconic rotunda into a “night school” with a screening of his 2018 video Sometimes It Was Beautiful about group of friends gathering to watch and critique films made by Swedish…More info
Dance and clap classical, jazz, and sing-along favorites while meeting the clarinet, bassoon, and french horn at an outdoor, socially distanced, interactive concert curated for little ones and their grown-ups. Children of all ages are welcome to observe, explore, discover, crawl, sing and dance to their hearts’ content, while parents, grandparents, and caregivers sit back,…More info
Each year, more than 200 bird species make an appearance in Central Park, a popular stopover along the Atlantic Flyway. Discover how to spot and respectfully appreciate these winged wonders with park birding guides, stationed at Charles A. Dana Discovery Center Plaza Saturdays 11 am–1 pm and Belvedere Castle Sundays 11 am–1 pm.
Also borrow…More info
Join MusicTalks for a specail tribute to the most beloved film tunes featuring a string quartet. From Star Wars to Harry Potter, Breakfast in Tiffany’s to Forest Gump, celebrate the beauty of film music!
Bring a folding chair/blanket – snacks, drinks, and questions encouraged.
Exact address will be provided the day of the concert.More info