Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
There’s always something fun happening – performances, classes, games and more- at this lush midtown oasis with perhaps the cleanest public bathrooms in the city.
* Read books, newspapers, and magazines for all ages in the Reading Room open-air library.
* Create art inspired by the urban life, flowers, and monuments of Bryant Park with free drawing and craft supplies at the Art Cart.
* Borrow chess, Connect Four, Sorry and other board games on the Fifth Avenue Terrace and play at ping pong tables.
* Ride the small, charming Le Carrousel, specially created to complement the park’s French classical style, with brightly colored animals and French cabaret music (11 am-7 pm daily, $3/ride).
* Shop at SPRING UP: an Urbanspace Market, and outdoor shopping experience with lots of food options and a diverse mix of original art, antique collectibles, jewelry and cuisines from local small businesses you won’t be able to find anywhere else.
* Pick up Belgian waffles, ice cream, pastries, babka, salads, sandwiches and more food and treats from the many kiosks (lots of tables and chairs available or picnic on the lawn), or sit down to dine al fresco at the outdoor Fever-Tree Porch with swings and lounge furniture, on the patio and rooftop of Bryant Park Grill (which currently has a gorgeous floral photo-op), or the more informal Bryant Park Café.
* See the daily calendar for upcoming family-friendly activities, from juggling lessons to piano concerts.
A 25-foot-tall cast bronze sculpture ‘The Oracle’ at the entrance to the Channel Gardens serves as the centerpiece of conceptual artist Sanford Biggers’ epic art installation featuring a varied slate of works across Rockefeller Center. Look for elements of an ancient depiction of Zeus with an “Africoid mask-bust figure.”
Flags with blue waves reminiscent of…More info
History/military buffs and plane lovers can examine original artifacts, view historic video footage and explore interactive exhibits aboard an actual 1943 aircraft carrier. Lots of indoor and outdoor space to roam with tons to and explore.
* The majority of the 350,000 square foot Intrepid Museum is available and accessible to visitors, including most exhibitions,…More info