March 24 @ 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 11:00 am on Friday and Saturday, repeating until May 31, 2021
An event every week that begins at 11:00 am on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday, repeating until May 31, 2021
Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
A hipper version of the Met features a huge, diverse permanent collection categorized by culture, as well as thoughtful visiting exhibitions from all over the world.
* Separate timed tickets ($9) required for for KAWS: WHAT PARTY, featuring the famous Brooklyn-based artist who modifies popular characters like Elmo and Mickey Mouse to create inventive street art, sculptures and more. These tickets are selling out fast so reserve in advance (or become a member for access to more times).
* Explore African Art, Indigenous Americas Art, American Art and the must-see photograph/street art exhibit JR: Chronicles with an epic mural of more than one thousand New Yorkers accompanied by audio recordings of each person’s story.
* Free admission for health care workers and active-duty military personnel and their families (and ages 19 & under).
* Closed Mondays & Tuesdays.
* The Norm restaurant and Café are closed, but a selection of snacks and beverages are available from vending machines and a pink BkM Food Truck serving burgers, grilled cheese, salads, tater tots, and more out front (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 11:30 am to 5:30 pm). Or visit nearby cool cafe Lincoln Station.
* On the edge of Prospect Park and next to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden.
Enjoy lots of modern climbing equipment juxtaposed with colonial themes inspired by the adjacent Old Stone House, site of the 1776 Battle of Brooklyn. Explore a submarine periscope and interactive panels depicting the historic battle among natural stone and rustic pavement, then attack your enemies with water cannons.
A gated toddler area features bucket swings,…More info
Enjoy socially distant yoga and meditation in front of Brooklyn Museum, open to all levels and led by local instructors. Open your hips and your heart in a gentle flow class, followed by a guided meditation with plenty of time to rest.
Masks are required for all adults and children over the age of…More info