Brooklyn Botanic Garden
June 16 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday, repeating until September 5, 2021
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until September 5, 2021
Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
Explore a 52-acre urban botanic garden with a variety of plants and habitats.
* Don’t miss the lovely Japanese Garden’s pond, home to turtles, carp, ducks and its small Shinto shrine guarded by two stone fox statues (and gorgeous cherry blossoms in the spring).
* Download a kids field journal and see tips for visiting with kids. The one-acre friendly Discovery Garden features an elevated boardwalk, an “insect hotel,” hosting leaf-cutter bees, praying mantises, and termites and tall native grasses and flowers that attract butterflies, hummingbirds, and bees.
* Enjoy casual entreés at the seasonal outdoor eatery Yellow Magnolia Canteen or sandwiches, snacks, and drinks at the Coffee Bar at the Visitor Center, with socially distanced outdoor seating for either option.
* Conservatories and interactive exhibits closed for safety.
* Advance timed-entry ticket required. Closed Mondays (except some holidays).
On the construction fencing at Lefferts Historic House, which is under restoration, see “Prospect Park, My Oasis in Brooklyn,” a site-specific installation of works by photographer Jamel Shabazz, who for the past 41 years has documented the people and places that truly make the park Brooklyn’s Backyard. Presented by Prospect Park Alliance in partnership with…More info
This former menagerie is designed to allow up-close animal viewing, perfect for families with young children who want to learn about wildlife.
Explore a Discovery Trail and encounter 400 animals of 150 species including red panda, dingo, and a host of beautiful birds. Visit unique small cats, sea lions and Chinese-big headed turtles.
Food and…More info
New York’s longest-running, free outdoor performing arts festival returns to the Prospect Park Bandshell. See free, outdoor music in a range of diverse styles, plus dance, spoken word and theater at a historic outdoor venue.
Tickets are free, RSVPs open July 1st.
Presented by BRIC in partnership with the Prospect Park Alliance.More info
Enjoy socially distant yoga and meditation in front of Brooklyn Museum, open to all levels and led by local instructors. Open your hips and your heart in a gentle flow class, followed by a guided meditation with plenty of time to rest.
Masks are required for all adults and children over the age of…More info