Explore visionary artist Bodys Isek Kingelez’s vibrant, ambitious sculptures created from an incredible range of everyday materials and found objects—colored paper, commercial packaging, plastic, soda cans, and bottle caps—all meticulously repurposed and arranged into imagined buildings and cities that reflected dreams for his country (then-Zaire, now the Democratic Republic of Congo), his continent, and the world.
* Casual Cafe 2 on the second floor has yummy Italian food and high chairs. In the summer snack on small plates and gelato in the peaceful Sculpture Garden. Stop by the midtown outpost of the inventive bakery Momofuku Milk Bar two blocks north for aptly-named crack pie and soft serve cereal milk ice cream.
More info on Bodys Isek Kingelez: City Dreams
All Events This Week | Public Art & Pop-ups
- MoMA Art Lab: Nature Monday, January 1–Tuesday, December 31 10:30 am–5:00 pm
- MoMA Lounge Friday, June 1–Tuesday, December 31 12:00 am
- If Everything Is Sculpture Why Make Sculpture? Saturday, June 16–Monday, September 30 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- The Long Run Friday, November 2–Tuesday, December 31 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Joan Miró Birth of the World Tuesday, February 26–Saturday, June 15 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Lincoln Kirstein’s Modern Thursday, March 14–Saturday, June 15 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, April 27 10:15 am–11:15 am
- Family Art Workshops: Mixed Materials Saturday, April 27 10:30 am–12:30 pm
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Sunday, April 28 10:15 am–11:15 am
- Family Art Workshops: Mixed Materials Sunday, April 28 10:30 am–12:30 pm