The world of hip-hop dance culture collides with the bygone age of chivalry when modern-day b-boys and freestyle dancers meet knights in armor. Discover the unexpected parallels—and see what it’s really like to make some moves in all that chainmail, leather, and metal—in a series of thrilling dance battles featuring the fierce artists of It’s Showtime NYC! from the South Bronx’s Dancing in the Streets urban dance organization.
* Inside the museum, the American Wing Cafe has soups, salads, sandwiches and a gorgeous view of Central Park. 'the cafeteria' in the basement is less scenic but has more selection - pasta, sushi, hot entrees, a frozen yogurt sundae bar and kids' meals that come in cardboard taxis. The Roof Garden has some snacks (and you can bring your own and nosh with a view). Or head to Shake Shack (86th between Lexington & Third) or the chill Pizza Beach (81st & Third). Pick up one of the city's best black-and-white cookies at William Greenberg (1100 Madison between 82nd & 83rd).
More info on Battle! Hip-Hop in Armor
All Events This Week | Public Art & Pop-ups
- Relative Values: The Cost of Art in the Northern Renaissance Thursday, October 25–Sunday, June 23 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Celebrating the Year of the Pig Tuesday, February 5–Sunday, July 28 9:30 am–5:30 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Sunday, March 24 2:00 pm–2:30 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Tuesday, March 26 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Wednesday, March 27 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Thursday, March 28 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Start with Art at the Met/Art Trek Thursday, March 28 3:30 pm–4:30 pm
- Start with Art at the Met/Art Trek Saturday, March 30 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Sunday, March 31 2:00 pm–2:30 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Tuesday, April 2 3:00 pm–3:30 pm