5:00 pm–8:00 pm
Metropolitan Museum Of Art (1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street)
The world of hip-hop dance culture collides with the bygone age of chivalry when modern-day b-boys and freestyle dancers meet knights in armor. Discover the unexpected parallels—and see what it’s really like to make some moves in all that chainmail, leather, and metal—in a series of thrilling dance battles featuring the fierce artists of It’s Showtime NYC! from the South Bronx’s Dancing in the Streets urban dance organization.
Eats & Treats: Inside the museum, the American Wing Cafe has soups, salads, sandwiches and a gorgeous view of Central Park. 'the cafeteria' in the basement is less scenic but has more selection - pasta, sushi, hot entrees, a frozen yogurt sundae bar and kids' meals that come in cardboard taxis. The Roof Garden has some snacks (and you can bring your own and nosh with a view). Or head to Shake Shack (86th between Lexington & Third) or the chill Pizza Beach (81st & Third). Pick up one of the city's best black-and-white cookies at William Greenberg (1100 Madison between 82nd & 83rd).
- Armenia! Monday, October 22–Sunday, January 13 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Relative Values: The Cost of Art in the Northern Renaissance Thursday, October 25–Sunday, June 23 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Tree & Menorah Wednesday, November 21–Sunday, January 6 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Tuesday, December 18 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Wednesday, December 19 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Holiday Caroling at the Met Wednesday, December 19 2:30 pm–4:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Thursday, December 20 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Start with Art at the Met/Art Trek Thursday, December 20 3:30 pm–4:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Friday, December 21 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Monday, December 24 10:30 am–11:00 am