9:00 am–10:00 am
American Museum of Natural History (West 81st Street & Central Park West)
Families with 5–14 year-olds with autism spectrum disorders can attend a 40-minute tour led by specially trained tour guides, then spend some time exploring the Discovery Room before the Museum opens to the public. Ages 5–9 will discover the dioramas in the Hall of North American Mammals, which offers a snapshot of the plants and animals native to North America, and explore the dioramas in the Milstein Hall of Ocean Life. Ages 10–14 will take a trip through the Hall of Planet Earth to explore the planet we live on and the forces that create volcanoes, earthquakes, and rock formations. Space is limited and advance registration is required. Call 212-769-5200, Monday-Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.
Eats & Treats: Go casual at Shake Shack across Columbus, home of delicious cheeseburgers and decadent frozen concretes (including a 'Natural History Crunch-stellation'), or avoid the crowds and cross 77th Street for antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis at classy Caffe Storico in the New-York Historical Society. The new larger Levain Bakery (home of the famous giant chocolate chip cookies) is a few blocks west at Amsterdam & 77th Street.
- Unseen Oceans Monday, March 12–Sunday, August 18 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Gateway Storytime Friday, January 25 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, February 1 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, February 8 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, February 15 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, February 22 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, March 1 10:00 am–11:45 am
- The Wizard School Scavenger Hunt 2: The Museum of Magical History Saturday, March 2 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Gateway Storytime Friday, March 8 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, March 15 10:00 am–11:45 am