10:00 am–6:00 pm
Metropolitan Museum Of Art (1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street)
Pay-what-you-wish, suggested $25, free/ages 12 & under
Explore the remarkable artistic and cultural achievements of the Armenian people in a global context over fourteen centuries—from the fourth century, when the Armenians converted to Christianity in their homeland at the base of Mount Ararat, to the seventeenth century, when Armenian control of global trade routes first brought books printed in Armenian into the region. Lots of pretty shiny objects including opulent gilded reliquaries, richly illuminated manuscripts, rare textiles, cross stones (khachkars), precious liturgical furnishings, church models, and printed books.
Eats & Treats: Inside the museum, the American Wing Cafe has soups, salads, sandwiches and a gorgeous view of Central Park. 'the cafeteria' in the basement is less scenic but has more selection - pasta, sushi, hot entrees, a frozen yogurt sundae bar and kids' meals that come in cardboard taxis. The Roof Garden has some snacks (and you can bring your own and nosh with a view). Or head to Shake Shack (86th between Lexington & Third) or the chill Pizza Beach (81st & Third). Pick up one of the city's best black-and-white cookies at William Greenberg (1100 Madison between 82nd & 83rd).
- Relative Values: The Cost of Art in the Northern Renaissance Thursday, October 25–Sunday, June 23 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Jewelry: The Body Transformed Monday, November 12–Sunday, February 24 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Start with Art at the Met/Art Trek Saturday, January 19 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Sunday, January 20 2:00 pm–2:30 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Tuesday, January 22 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Wednesday, January 23 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Thursday, January 24 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Start with Art at the Met/Art Trek Thursday, January 24 3:30 pm–4:30 pm
- Watson Adventures: Whodunit at The Met Family Scavenger Hunt Saturday, January 26 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Sunday, January 27 2:00 pm–2:30 pm