11:00 am–6:00 pm
Whitney Museum of American Art (99 Gansevoort Street)
$22, $18/students & seniors, free/ages 17 & under
Explore the work of one of the most inventive, influential, and important American artists. Building on a wealth of new materials, research and scholarship that has emerged since the artist’s untimely death in 1987, this exhibition reveals new complexities about the Warhol we think we know, and introduces a Warhol for the 21st century. Bright colors, giant lowers, pink cars, experimental films and more thought-provoking delights for all ages.
Eats & Treats: The lobby restaurant Untitled is delicious, surprisingly kid-friendly and has one of the best chocolate chip cookies in the city. Brunch at Bubbes across Washington Street or go down the block for ton of yummy options at Gansevoort Market.
- Programmed: Rules, Codes, and Choreographies in Art, 1965–2018 Friday, September 28–Sunday, April 14 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- Andy Warhol – From A to B and Back Again Monday, November 12–Sunday, March 31 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Saturday, January 19 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Sunday, January 20 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Family Tours & Open Studio: Warhol’s Figures Saturday, January 26 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Sunday, January 27 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Saturday, February 2 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Sunday, February 3 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Saturday, February 9 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Sunday, February 10 10:30 am–3:00 pm