Children's Museum of Manhattan (CMOM) (212 West 83rd Street between Broadway & Amsterdam)
$11, $7/seniors, free/ages 11 months old & younger
Enjoy innovative hands-on experiences and discover fascinating objects, images and information from over 50 countries. Explore ancient trade routes on a two story Indian Ocean dhow (boat) or on a camel. Pretend to buy, sell and trade fruit, fish, spice, ceramic, textiles, and rugs in a global market place. Experience art, architecture and design elements from across the globe including a digital 3D exploration of mosque architecture from the Maldives to China, original works by emerging American Muslim artists, traditional art forms such as intricately designed tiles, ornate ceramics, and complex patterned rugs and an interactive replica/interpretation of a Pakistani truck, recognized as a “moving work of art” for children to decorate.
Eats & Treats: Choose from salads, sandwiches, amazing healthy artisanal bread and not-so-healthy pastries at the new UWS outpost of the 100-year-old Orwasher's Bakery at Amsterdam & 81st Street. The extensive cheesecake-heavy dessert menu and charming decor lure locals to cash-only tourist trap Cafe Lalo across the street.
Also at this location:
- Let’s Dance! Saturday, July 1–Monday, December 31 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Dynamic H2O Saturday, May 26–Sunday, September 30 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Art, Artists & You Saturday, June 2–Monday, December 31 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Free Children’s Museum of Manhattan Friday, August 3 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Free Children’s Museum of Manhattan Friday, September 7 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Free Children’s Museum of Manhattan Friday, October 5 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Free Children’s Museum of Manhattan Friday, November 2 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Free Children’s Museum of Manhattan Friday, December 7 5:00 pm–8:00 pm