Events Search and Views Navigation
Saturday, December 5
* Shop for a wide array of handmade gifts at a a European inspired open-air market (smaller and more spread out this year). * Watch skaters - or skate yourself on the city's only free rink ($18-33/skate rentals - varies by day). Online advance reservations required. Penguin skate aids available for younger kids ($22).…Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
Dance up on down giant stairs underneath a canopy of 650 ever changing rainbow hanging lanterns in the Winter Garden of a high end mall. Watch cool light shows to holiday music at the top of every hour. * Two touchless wishing stations allow visitors to send a motion-activated wish that will illuminate the canopy…Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
This beloved children's museum re-opens with two options. In 90-minute Play Sessions, explore BCM’s signature exhibits including World Brooklyn, Neighborhood Nature, Totally Tots, Collections Central and The (outdoor) Nest. Space is limited to ensure that families can distance. Explore world cultures, visual arts, nature, animals and more in well-designed, interactive exhibits. In ColorLab Sessions (10:30…Suggested Ages: Babies to 10
Submerge yourself in the sights, sounds and sensations of PANTONE 19-4052 Classic Blue in an immersive digital installation. Inside Chelsea Market, also home to fun holiday decor and many delicious food options. Get a $5 discount by signing up for their email list.Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
Explore curated family experiences in one-hour-and-forty-five-minute session with limited capacity to allow increased space to safely explore, climb, move, and play. Play, learn and imagine in Playworks and Adventures with Dora and Diego exhibits. Enjoy educator-led experiences such as storytime, singing and music. Or explore Inside Art and Superpowered Metropolis exhibits with educator-led…Suggested Ages: Babies to Toddlers
Stroll through a series of immersive, multi-sensory floral filled installations. Pose for photo-ops in a Gingerbread Village, stop by smell a Candy Cane Rose Garden or snap an ‘elfie with Santa in his Jolly ‘olly, throne chair. Also explore 47-acres of the longest continuously farmed site in New York State with a pumpkin patch, historic…Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
Enjoy nature-inspired art projects among gorgeous gardens and trees overlooking the Hudson River. Themes change weekly. Takes place outside on a grassy hill so dress accordingly. The number of families able to participate at any given time will be limited to about five. If you arrive and capacity is full, program staff will provide a…Suggested Ages: All
* Marvel at model trains zipping around stunning New York landmark replicas made of plant parts such as nuts, bark, and leaves (most of it in the climate-controlled indoors).
* With capacity very limited for social distancing, this captivating display is only open to Members and Bronx Community Partners. Annual memberships start at $90 for individuals, $145 for families (tax-deductible)...Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
See beautiful candy-inspired trees throughout a historic mansion and in the carriage house. Stop by the Candy Cane Carriage House Gift Shoppe for sweet treats, hot cocoa and yummy jingle dogs and special gifts. Reserve a time spot for a 45 minute walk-through. After 4 pm the museum is candlelit.Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
InteraCt with Yasuo Nomura's large colorful cube uses optical phenomena to allow viewers to experience a new way of perceiving dimension. Super friendly staff with help you play with perception.Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
See historic toy trains, figurines, and miniature models from the renowned Jerni Collection. Look for fun details in a variety of toy train stations dating from the turn of the 19th century to the WWII era. Giant screens display animations and fun facts about the toys. Pick up a train-themed I Spy scavenger hunt and…Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
See a classic tale adapted for hand puppets with an original song score. Theater is at 25% capacity; masks required. Call or email in advance for reservations.Suggested Ages: 3 to 12
This annual celebration, adjusted for social distancing guidelines, includes craft activities, tree lighting, and a visit from St. Nick. St. Nicholas arrives on horseback around 2:30 pm to tell the traditional tale of The Bakers Dozen and invite children to sign the Red Book. Sip hot cider, try colonial games, create a holiday pomander, decorate…Suggested Ages: All
Embark on an illuminated safari with animal lanterns, animated sculptures, and colorful designs throughout the spacious Bronx Zoo and take in the musical light show. The five lantern safaris, spread out throughout the park each showcase a different wildlife region from gorillas in Africa to sea turtles in the ocean. Also enjoy ice-carving demonstrations, holiday…Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
Wander through 10 acres of outdoor spectacular light art displays based on the tradition of Chinese Lanterns.
* New displays include fantastical ancient civilizations, lush illuminated jungles, can & dog influencers and 30-foot high towers.
* Learn about the history and culture behind lantern-making traditions and get a behind the scenes look at the light...Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
14-foot stars hanging from the 150-foot tall ceiling light up in an array of colors in time to holiday tunes by the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra.Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
Explore a glowing world of color and light featuring the Haupt Conservatory as the centerpiece—its iconic exterior a glittering canvas.
* Washes of brilliant colors, thousands of dazzling lights installations fill the Reflecting Pool and enliven surrounding gardens and collections.
* Also enjoy artistic ice sculptures, music, roving dancers, plus more...Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
Thursday, December 10
Tradition meets technology at an augmented reality experience at Brookfield Place, For the week of Chanukah, search for snowflakes throughout the complex, scan the snowflake using your phone and play virtual dreidel. Winners can pick up a special prize at the concierge. Also see the gorgeous lights in the Luminaries.Suggested Ages: All