New York, New York
Upper East Side
11 am - 5:45 pm, closed Wednesdays
Explore the global Jewish experience through works of fine art, Judaica, antiquities, folk art, ceremonial objects, and broadcast media intelligently organized in gorgeous galleries and play in the small but engaging Archaeology Zone.
$: $15, free/ages 18 & under
Annual Memberships: $75+.
Free Hours: Thursdays 5-8 pm
Favorite Spots: In the fascinating and friendly Archaeology Zone, children learn what happens after archaeologists unearth artifacts. Search for clues about objects dating from ancient times to the present day, dress up and play in a Moroccan home, create works of art inspired by unique objects in the Museum’s collection and more.
Current Kid-Friendly Exhibits:
•Veiled Meanings: Fashioning Jewish Dress (through Mar 18)
Tthe first comprehensive U.S. exhibition drawn from The Israel Museum’s world-renowned collection of Jewish costumes showcases over 100 articles of clothing from the eighteenth to twentieth centuries, arranged as complete ensembles or shown as stand-alone items. A sumptuous array of apparel from over 20 countries on four continents offers an exceptional opportunity to view many facets of Jewish identity and culture through rarely seen garments.
Family Programs: Sunday family programs include drop-in art workshops, storytimes and occasional family concerts.
Eat & Treats: Nosh on smoked fish platters, bagels and bialys, knishes, egg creams, babka and more Jewish-Amreican classic foods and the new in-museum outpost of iconic Lower East Side appetizing shop Russ & Daughters.
- Global Inspirations: Vacation Week Art Workshop Monday, February 19 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Archaeology Mondays Monday, February 19 3:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Global Inspirations: Vacation Week Art Workshop Tuesday, February 20 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Art Explorers: Family Tour & Art Workshop for Preschoolers Tuesday, February 20 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Global Inspirations: Vacation Week Art Workshop Wednesday, February 21 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Global Inspirations: Vacation Week Art Workshop Thursday, February 22 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Global Inspirations: Vacation Week Art Workshop Friday, February 23 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Dig Drop-In Sunday, March 11 12:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Picture This! Gallery Tour, Art Workshop & Concert Sunday, March 18 10:00 am–12:30 pm
- Archaeology Mondays Monday, March 19 3:00 pm–5:00 pm