New York, New York
West Village/East Village
Monday & Wednesday 12-5 pm
Thursday & Friday 12-6 pm
Saturday & Sunday 10 am-5 pm
This delightful, inviting space features self guided art exploration for ages 10 months-15 years. Experiment with sculpture, paints, textiles, sound design, animation, and clay in daily open workshops led by teaching artists and explore rotating exhibitions by established and emerging contemporary artist.
$: $5.50 at this link, free/ages under 1 & 65+
Annual Memberships: $175+. Unlimited admission for all children from one household & two accompanying adults, exclusive access to the museum before general hours on select school holidays, discounts on classes
Free Hours: Thursdays 4-6pm
Current Kid-Friendly Exhibits:
•Scale: Possibilities of Perspective (through Sep 9)
Explore the notion of scale and its ability to alter our impressions of the universe and our existence inside it. Interactive sculptures, photographs, dioramas, drawings, and installation by ten artists include highly exaggerated, whimsical environments, sentimental reflections, miniature figurines humorously navigating a world made of food and a three-dimensional collage formed from layered glass.
Family Programs: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 10:45 am-12 pm, kids up to 5 years old can join WEE Arts Drop-in Session for art making at different stations and music time. $25/family
Strollers/Diapers: Strollers must be collapsed and stored in cubbies in the lobby.
Eat & Treats: Get energy for creativity with seasonal, farm-to-table food at Dig Inn (350 Hudson Street between King & Charlton) or sit-down Westville (210 W 10th St). Also visit Jacques Torre's nearby chocolate museum.
- Peanuts Global Artist Collective Friday, April 20–Saturday, July 21 All Day
- Scale: Possibilities of Perspective Thursday, May 10–Sunday, September 9 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- CMA Kids Fair Sunday, May 20 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Children’s Museum of the Arts WEE Arts Wednesday, May 23 1:45 pm–3:00 pm
- Children’s Museum of the Arts Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Thursday, May 24 4:00 pm–6:00 pm
- New Museum Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Thursday, May 24 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Children’s Museum of the Arts WEE Arts Wednesday, May 30 1:45 pm–3:00 pm
- Children’s Museum of the Arts Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Thursday, May 31 4:00 pm–6:00 pm
- New Museum Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Thursday, May 31 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Children’s Museum of the Arts WEE Arts Wednesday, June 6 1:45 pm–3:00 pm