New York, New York
West Village/East Village
Monday & Wednesday 12-5 pm
Thursday & Friday 12-6 pm
Saturday & Sunday 10 am-5 pm
This delightful, inviting space features self guided art exploration for ages 10 months-15 years. Experiment with sculpture, paints, textiles, sound design, animation, and clay in daily open workshops led by teaching artists and explore rotating exhibitions by established and emerging contemporary artist.
$: $5.50 at this link, free/ages under 1 & 65+
Annual Memberships: $175+. Unlimited admission for all children from one household & two accompanying adults, exclusive access to the museum before general hours on select school holidays, discounts on classes
Free Hours: Thursdays 4-6pm
Current Kid-Friendly Exhibits:
•Ellen Harvey: Ornaments and Other Refrigerator Magnets (through Apr 28)
See a selection of British Brooklynite Ellen Harvey’s new and recent works. Ornamentation, the action of decorating, acts as a starting point for a wide-ranging exploration of the uses, abuses and relevance of the human desire to ornament. Through her exploration of the human inclination to decorate, embellish, and adorn our surroundings, Harvey has created an immersive installation featuring large-scale works that apply ornamentation to scenes from both city life and nature.
•Bridge Project: Ian Berry | The Secret Garden (through Apr 29)
British artist Ian Berry uses denim, his trademark material to create a site-specific installation: an indigo covered garden. Walk up a stoned pathway through the trellis among gorgeous layer of flowers, plants, stepping stones, and toys all made out of denim.
Family Programs: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 10:45 am-12 pm, kids up to 5 years old can join WEE Arts Drop-in Session for art making at different stations and music time. $25/family
Strollers/Diapers: Strollers must be collapsed and stored in cubbies in the lobby.
Eat & Treats: Get energy for creativity with seasonal, farm-to-table food at Dig Inn (350 Hudson Street between King & Charlton) or sit-down Westville (210 W 10th St). Also visit Jacques Torre's nearby chocolate museum.
- Children’s Museum of the Arts WEE Arts Wednesday, February 28 1:45 pm–3:00 pm
- Children’s Museum of the Arts Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Thursday, March 1 4:00 pm–6:00 pm
- New Museum Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Thursday, March 1 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Children’s Museum of the Arts WEE Arts Wednesday, March 7 1:45 pm–3:00 pm
- Children’s Museum of the Arts Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Thursday, March 8 4:00 pm–6:00 pm
- New Museum Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Thursday, March 8 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Children’s Museum of the Arts WEE Arts Wednesday, March 14 1:45 pm–3:00 pm
- Children’s Museum of the Arts Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Thursday, March 15 4:00 pm–6:00 pm
- New Museum Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Thursday, March 15 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Children’s Museum of the Arts WEE Arts Wednesday, March 21 1:45 pm–3:00 pm