Astoria, New York
Wednesday–Thursday 10:30 am–5:00 pm
Friday 10:30 am–8:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday 10:30 am–6:00 pm
Explore film, TV and video games from nineteenth century optical toys to the latest in digital art with lots of hand-on exhibits in a spacious, modern building.
$: $15, $9/students & seniors, $7/ages 3-12, free/2 and under
Free Hours: Friday 4:00–6:00 pm
Favorite Spots: Play classic arcade games and see Star Wars paraphernalia (including a Chewbacca mask used in filming) on the second floor.
Current Kid-Friendly Exhibits:
•Jim Henson’s World (through Dec 31)
Explore Jim Henson’s groundbreaking work for film and television and his transformative impact on popular culture and learn how Henson and his team of builders, performers, and writers brought to life the enduringly popular worlds of The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, The Dark Crystal, and Labyrinth. Among the...
Family Programs: See classics on the big screen and learn about filmmaking at family matinees & workshops held most weekends and during school vacations.
Eat & Treats: Indulge in Venezuelan fried yumminess at the Arepas Cafe a few blocks way and snag a Fraggle Rock Mast Brothers chocolate bar in the gift shop.
- Jim Henson’s World Monday, January 1–Monday, December 31 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Brave Screening Saturday, May 12 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- Brave Screening Sunday, May 13 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- Kiki’s Delivery Service Screening Saturday, May 26 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- Kiki’s Delivery Service Screening Sunday, May 27 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- The Kid Sensory Friendly Screening Saturday, June 2 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- The Kid Screening Sunday, June 3 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- Finding Nemo Screening Saturday, June 16 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- Finding Nemo Screening Sunday, June 17 11:00 am–12:30 pm