New York, New York
Upper East Side
Daily 10 am – 5:45 pm
Open until 7:45 pm Saturday
The striking Frank Lloyd Wright–designed rotunda is reason enough to visit this landmark museum, and exciting, well-designed exhibits and kids’ programs make this a family-friendly setting for contemporary and modern art.
$: $22, $18/students & seniors, free/kids under 12
Annual Memberships: $75+.
Free Hours: Saturday 5:45 - 7:45 pm
Current Kid-Friendly Exhibits:
Family Programs: Sundays 1-4 pm, explore exhibition highlights through creative interactive projects in the galleries and head to the Studio Art Lab in the basement to make art inspired by themes and materials seen in the museum.
Strollers/Diapers: Strollers welcome (wee ones on wheels even get their own tours), though be careful on the slanted ramp. Double strollers must be checked but single umbrella strollers are available to borrow.
Eat & Treats: Cafe 3 on the third floor serves sandwiches, pastries, chocolates, coffee, tea, wine, and beer with a spectacular view across Fifth Avenue to Central Park. Or visit Dean & Deluca a few blocks south on E 86th Street for an array of gourmet goodies.
Other Tips: Pick up a family activity guide at the admissions desk, or visit the (weekends-only) family kiosk for a pack of family fun including a scavenger hunt guide, sketchbook and colored pencils.
- Brancusi Thursday, March 1–Sunday, September 30 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Guggenheim Free Hours Saturday, June 2 5:45 pm–7:45 pm
- Guggenheim Open Studios For Families Sunday, June 3 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Little Guggs Wednesday, June 6 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Little Guggs: Saturday Saturday, June 9 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Guggenheim Free Hours Saturday, June 9 5:45 pm–7:45 pm
- Second Sunday Family Tour Sunday, June 10 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Guggenheim Open Studios For Families Sunday, June 10 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Little Guggs Wednesday, June 13 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Guggenheim Free Hours Saturday, June 16 5:45 pm–7:45 pm