New York, New York
Upper East Side
Daily 10 am – 5:45 pm
Open until 7:45 pm Saturday
The striking Frank Lloyd Wright–designed rotunda is reason enough to visit this landmark museum, and exciting, well-designed exhibits and kids’ programs make this a family-friendly setting for contemporary and modern art.
$: $22, $18/students & seniors, free/kids under 12
Annual Memberships: $75+.
Free Hours: Saturday 5:45 - 7:45 pm
Current Kid-Friendly Exhibits:
•Josef Albers in Mexico (through Mar 28)
See colorful series of geometric paintings inspired by pre-Columbian structures encountered by Josef and Anni Albers during trips to Mexico. Have fun figuring out the differences and similarities between the paintings which remind some kids of Minecraft.
Family Programs: Sundays 1-4 pm, explore exhibition highlights through creative interactive projects in the galleries and head to the Studio Art Lab in the basement to make art inspired by themes and materials seen in the museum.
Strollers/Diapers: Strollers welcome (wee ones on wheels even get their own tours), though be careful on the slanted ramp. Double strollers must be checked but single umbrella strollers are available to borrow.
Eat & Treats: Cafe 3 on the third floor serves sandwiches, pastries, chocolates, coffee, tea, wine, and beer with a spectacular view across Fifth Avenue to Central Park. Or visit Dean & Deluca a few blocks south on E 86th Street for an array of gourmet goodies.
Other Tips: Pick up a family activity guide at the admissions desk, or visit the (weekends-only) family kiosk for a pack of family fun including a scavenger hunt guide, sketchbook and colored pencils.
- Josef Albers in Mexico Friday, November 3–Wednesday, March 28 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Brancusi Thursday, March 1–Sunday, September 30 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Guggenheim Stroller Tour Tuesday, March 20 3:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Little Guggs Wednesday, March 21 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Guggenheim Free Hours Saturday, March 24 5:45 pm–7:45 pm
- Guggenheim Open Studios For Families Sunday, March 25 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Little Guggs Wednesday, March 28 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Guggenheim Free Hours Saturday, March 31 5:45 pm–7:45 pm
- Guggenheim Open Studios For Families Sunday, April 1 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Little Guggs Wednesday, April 4 11:00 am–12:00 pm