Whitney Museum of American Art (99 Gansevoort Street)
$22, $18/students & seniors, free/kids under 18
This large-scale overview of New York–based artist Zoe Leonard includes photography and sculpture dealing a with a range of themes, including the history of photography, gender and sexuality, loss and mourning, migration, displacement, and the urban landscape. Using repetition, subtle changes of perspective, and shifts of scale, Leonard draws viewers into an awareness of the meanings behind otherwise familiar images or objects.
Nearby Eat & Treats: The lobby restaurant Untitled is delicious, surprisingly kid-friendly and has one of the best chocolate chip cookies in the city. Brunch at Bubbes across Washington Street or go down the block for ton of yummy options at Gansevoort Market.
More events this week | Sign up for our email list
Also at this location:
- Where We Are: Selections from the Whitney’s Collection, 1900–1960 Monday, January 1–Monday, December 31 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- Grant Wood: American Gothic and Other Fables Friday, March 2–Sunday, June 10 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Zoe Leonard: Survey Friday, March 2–Sunday, June 10 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Saturday, May 26 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Family Tours Saturday, May 26 10:45 am–11:15 am
- Whitney Open Studio Sunday, May 27 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Saturday, June 2 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Sunday, June 3 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Saturday, June 9 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Sunday, June 10 10:30 am–3:00 pm