Whitney Museum of American Art (99 Gansevoort Street)
$22, $18/students & seniors, free/kids under 18
Inspired by the cycles of the planets, rhythms of nature, and changing seasons, artist Sibyl Kempson invites families to make art connected to the spring equinox. Kempson will be there from 11 am to 1 pm to work with participants and answer questions about her practice. This program is in conjunction with the exhibition 12 Shouts to the Ten Forgotten Heavens, a three year series of performances created by Kempson – we saw the performance this fall and oh my, we have lots of questions.
Nearby Eat & Treats: The lobby restaurant Untitled is delicious, surprisingly kid-friendly and has one of the best chocolate chip cookies in the city. Brunch at Bubbes across Washington Street or go down the block for ton of yummy options at Gansevoort Market.
More events this week | Sign up for our email list
Also at this location:
- Where We Are: Selections from the Whitney’s Collection, 1900–1960 Monday, January 1–Monday, December 31 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- Grant Wood: American Gothic and Other Fables Friday, March 2–Sunday, June 10 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Zoe Leonard: Survey Friday, March 2–Sunday, June 10 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Saturday, May 26 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Family Tours Saturday, May 26 10:45 am–11:15 am
- Whitney Open Studio Sunday, May 27 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Saturday, June 2 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Sunday, June 3 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Saturday, June 9 10:30 am–3:00 pm
- Whitney Open Studio Sunday, June 10 10:30 am–3:00 pm