New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
$20, $6/ages 5-13, free/ages 4 & under
50% off with this link
See over 100 highlights from shoe designer Stuart Weitzman’s extensive private collection that tell the story of the shoe from the perspectives of collection, consumption, presentation, and production and explores larger trends in American economic history, from industrialization to the rise of consumer culture, with a focus on women’s contributions as makers, designers, and entrepreneurs.
Eats & Treats: Feast on antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis ar Caffe Storico, the museum's classy but kid-friendly eatery. Get burgers and shakes at Shake Shack down the block (Columbus @ 77th Street).
Also at this location:
- Walk This Way: Footwear from the Stuart Weitzman Collection of Historic Shoes Thursday, April 20–Monday, October 8 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Summer of Magic: Treasures from the David Copperfield Collection Thursday, June 15–Sunday, September 16 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Feathers: Fashion and the Fight for Wildlife Friday, April 6–Friday, July 13 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Rockwell, Roosevelt & the Four Freedoms Friday, May 25–Sunday, September 2 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Summer of Magic: Meet an Escape Artist! Saturday, June 23 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Summer of Magic: Meet an Escape Artist! Sunday, June 24 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Pride: The Story of Harvey Milk and the Rainbow Flag Sunday, June 24 11:30 am–12:30 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, June 26 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, June 29 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- New-York Historical Society Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, June 29 6:00 pm–8:30 pm