New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
$20, $6/ages 5-13, free/ages 4 & under
50% off with this link
Get a glimpse of Thomas Jefferson’s life outside the public sphere through the iconic documents he created. Among the 36 documents and artifacts from the collection of the Massachusetts Historical Society on display in the exhibition are Jefferson’s garden book, his last letter to John Adams, manuscript leafs from his Notes on the State of Virginia, early drawings of Monticello, and a copy of the Declaration of Independence in Jefferson’s hand.
Nearby Eat & Treats: Feast on antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis ar Caffe Storico, the museum's classy but kid-friendly eatery. Get burgers and shakes at Shake Shack down the block (Columbus @ 77th Street).
Also at this location:
- Walk This Way: Footwear from the Stuart Weitzman Collection of Historic Shoes Thursday, April 20–Monday, October 8 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Feathers: Fashion and the Fight for Wildlife Friday, April 6–Friday, July 13 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Rockwell, Roosevelt & the Four Freedoms Friday, May 25–Sunday, September 2 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Living History: Memorial Day Weekend Monday, May 28 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, May 29 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, June 1 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- New-York Historical Society Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, June 1 6:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Living History Saturday, June 2 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Living History Sunday, June 3 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- New-York Historical Society Storytime Sunday, June 3 11:30 am–12:30 pm