New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
$20, $6/ages 5-13, free/ages 4 & under
50% off with this link
Explores how Norman Rockwell’s 1943 paintings—Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Worship, Freedom from Fear, and Freedom from Want—gave visual voice to Roosevelt’s call to the defense of freedom worldwide and took their place among the most enduring images in the history of American art. See paintings, illustrations, and other works by Rockwell and a broad range of his contemporaries, as well as historical documents, photographs, videos, and artifacts; interactive digital displays; and immersive settings, some using virtual-reality technology.
Eats & Treats: Feast on antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis ar Caffe Storico, the museum's classy but kid-friendly eatery. Get burgers and shakes at Shake Shack down the block (Columbus @ 77th Street).
Also at this location:
- Walk This Way: Footwear from the Stuart Weitzman Collection of Historic Shoes Thursday, April 20–Monday, October 8 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Summer of Magic: Treasures from the David Copperfield Collection Thursday, June 15–Sunday, September 16 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Feathers: Fashion and the Fight for Wildlife Friday, April 6–Friday, July 13 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Rockwell, Roosevelt & the Four Freedoms Friday, May 25–Sunday, September 2 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, June 22 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- New-York Historical Society Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, June 22 6:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Summer of Magic: Meet an Escape Artist! Saturday, June 23 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Summer of Magic: Meet an Escape Artist! Sunday, June 24 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- New-York Historical Society Storytime Sunday, June 24 11:30 am–12:30 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, June 26 3:30 pm–4:15 pm