Museum of the Moving Image (36-01 35 Avenue (at 37 Street) )
$15, $9/students & seniors, $7/ages 3-12, free/2 and under
See Robert Altmans 1980 Popeye on the big screen. Starring Shelley Duvall and Robin Williams in his first major film role as the super strong sailor man. The screening will be introduced by New York Times writer Dave Itzkoff, author of new biography, Robin. Also check out the fun exhibition Jim Henson’s World plus classic arcade games.
Nearby Eat & Treats: Indulge in Venezuelan fried yumminess at the Arepas Cafe a few blocks way and snag a Fraggle Rock Mast Brothers chocolate bar in the gift shop.
More events this week | Sign up for our email list
Also at this location:
- Jim Henson’s World Monday, January 1–Monday, December 31 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Museum Of The Moving Image Family Matinee: Little Women Sunday, May 20 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- Kiki’s Delivery Service Screening Saturday, May 26 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- Kiki’s Delivery Service Screening Sunday, May 27 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- The Kid Sensory Friendly Screening Saturday, June 2 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- The Kid Screening Sunday, June 3 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- Finding Nemo Screening Saturday, June 16 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- Finding Nemo Screening Sunday, June 17 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- Museum Of The Moving Image Family Matinees Saturday, June 23 11:00 am–12:30 pm