Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) (4 West 53rd Street)
$25, $18/seniors, $14/students, free/ages 16 & under
What kid wouldn’t love a kinetic sculpture made of mud? Find this and much more in this survey of over six decades of Robert Rauschenberg’s widely celebrated career. Explore over 250 paintings, sculptures, drawings, prints, photographs, and sound and video recordings by the inventive mash-up master Rauschenberg and his collaborators from many mediums including composer John Cage, choreographer Merce Cunningham, artist Jasper Johns and many others.
Nearby Eat & Treats: Casual Cafe 2 on the second floor has yummy Italian food and high chairs. In the summer snack on small plates and gelato in the peaceful Sculpture Garden. Stop by the midtown outpost of the inventive bakery Momofuku Milk Bar two blocks north (15 West 56th Street) for aptly-named crack pie and soft serve cereal milk ice cream.
More events this week | Sign up for our email list
Also at this location:
- MoMA Art Lab: Nature Monday, January 1–Monday, December 31 10:30 am–5:00 pm
- Stephen Shore Tuesday, May 1–Monday, May 28 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Tarsila do Amaral: Inventing Modern Art in Brazil Tuesday, May 1–Sunday, June 3 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Museum of Modern Art Free Hours Friday, May 25 4:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Museum of Modern Art Free Hours Friday, June 1 4:00 pm–8:00 pm
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, June 2 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Sunday, June 3 10:15 am–11:15 am
- Museum of Modern Art Free Hours Friday, June 8 4:00 pm–8:00 pm
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, June 9 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Sunday, June 10 10:15 am–11:15 am