New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
$20, $6/ages 5-13, free/ages 4 & under
50% off with this link
Commemorate the 150th anniversary of Memorial Day, first celebrated in recognition of the American Civil War,with Living Historians from Company H, 119th New York State Volunteer Infantry and the 69th New York State Volunteers Historical Association, troops of Civil War reenactors. Discover 19th-century military uniforms, learn a military drill, or explore some of their fascinating gear up close. Also check out the awesome, interactive Children’s Museum in the basement.
Also on Sunday.
Eats & Treats: Feast on antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis ar Caffe Storico, the museum's classy but kid-friendly eatery. Get burgers and shakes at Shake Shack down the block (Columbus @ 77th Street).
Also at this location:
- Walk This Way: Footwear from the Stuart Weitzman Collection of Historic Shoes Thursday, April 20–Monday, October 8 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Summer of Magic: Treasures from the David Copperfield Collection Thursday, June 15–Sunday, September 16 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Feathers: Fashion and the Fight for Wildlife Friday, April 6–Friday, July 13 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Rockwell, Roosevelt & the Four Freedoms Friday, May 25–Sunday, September 2 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, June 19 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, June 22 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- New-York Historical Society Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, June 22 6:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Living History Saturday, June 23 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Living History Sunday, June 24 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- New-York Historical Society Storytime Sunday, June 24 11:30 am–12:30 pm