New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
$20, $6/ages 5-13, free/ages 4 & under
50% off with this link
This bi-weekly program in the library of the engaging children’s center includes the reading of a NY-themed book, a related craft project, playtime with historic toys and a special Little New-Yorkers hello song. The fabulous teacher comes up with some really creative, engaging projects – we’ve made iphone ‘books’ and construction paper teapots – and it’s never been crowded.
Eats & Treats: Feast on antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis ar Caffe Storico, the museum's classy but kid-friendly eatery. Get burgers and shakes at Shake Shack down the block (Columbus @ 77th Street).
Also at this location:
- Walk This Way: Footwear from the Stuart Weitzman Collection of Historic Shoes Thursday, April 20–Monday, October 8 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Summer of Magic: Treasures from the David Copperfield Collection Thursday, June 15–Sunday, September 16 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Feathers: Fashion and the Fight for Wildlife Friday, April 6–Friday, July 13 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Rockwell, Roosevelt & the Four Freedoms Friday, May 25–Sunday, September 2 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Summer of Magic: Meet an Escape Artist! Sunday, June 24 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Pride: The Story of Harvey Milk and the Rainbow Flag Sunday, June 24 11:30 am–12:30 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, June 26 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, June 29 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- New-York Historical Society Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, June 29 6:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Summer of Magic: Visit with Vaudeville Magician Saturday, June 30 11:00 am–4:00 pm