Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum ( 2 East 91st Street)
$16, $14 online, $10/seniors, free/ages 17 & under
Free admission for 1 grown-up after storytimes
See pioneering and elegant applications of digital technologies by Dutch designer Joris Laarman and his multidisciplinary team. Be awed by the iconic Bone Chair generated from algorithms that mimic bone growth, a pedestrian bridge built in midair using advanced robotic 3D printing and the pixel evolution of Super Mario Brothers.
Eats & Treats: The excellent cupcakes and other sweet treats are the main lure at Yura on Madison (between 91st & 92nd Street) but delicious healthier entrees, sides & sandwiches are also available. Or head to the Russ & Daughters Cafe in the Jewish Museum across the street.
Also at this location:
- Hear, See, Play: Designing With Sound Friday, December 1–Sunday, July 29 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Saturated: The Allure and Science of Color Tuesday, May 1–Sunday, January 13 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- The Senses: Design Beyond Vision Tuesday, May 1–Sunday, October 28 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Manhattan Color Walk Friday, June 15–Sunday, July 15 8:00 am–6:00 pm
- Solstice Saturday at Cooper Hewitt Saturday, June 23 10:00 am–9:00 pm
- Imagination Playground at Cooper Hewitt Wednesday, June 27 11:00 am–1:00 pm
- Imagination Playground at Cooper Hewitt Monday, July 2 11:00 am–1:00 pm
- Imagination Playground at Cooper Hewitt Wednesday, July 4 11:00 am–1:00 pm
- Imagination Playground at Cooper Hewitt Monday, July 9 11:00 am–1:00 pm
- Imagination Playground at Cooper Hewitt Wednesday, July 11 11:00 am–1:00 pm