Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum ( 2 East 91st Street)
$16, $14 online, $10/seniors, free/ages 17 & under
Free admission for 1 grown-up after storytimes
In this hands-on exhibition, become a sound designer for Trash Bot, a street-cleaning machine. Also see cool record covers and concert posters and play with different sounds.
Eats & Treats: The excellent cupcakes and other sweet treats are the main lure at Yura on Madison (between 91st & 92nd Street) but delicious healthier entrees, sides & sandwiches are also available. Or head to the Russ & Daughters Cafe in the Jewish Museum across the street.
Also at this location:
- Hear, See, Play: Designing With Sound Friday, December 1–Sunday, July 29 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Saturated: The Allure and Science of Color Tuesday, May 1–Sunday, January 13 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- The Senses: Design Beyond Vision Tuesday, May 1–Sunday, October 28 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Manhattan Color Walk Friday, June 15–Sunday, July 15 8:00 am–6:00 pm
- Solstice Saturday at Cooper Hewitt Saturday, June 23 10:00 am–9:00 pm
- Imagination Playground at Cooper Hewitt Wednesday, June 27 11:00 am–1:00 pm
- Imagination Playground at Cooper Hewitt Monday, July 2 11:00 am–1:00 pm
- Imagination Playground at Cooper Hewitt Wednesday, July 4 11:00 am–1:00 pm
- Imagination Playground at Cooper Hewitt Monday, July 9 11:00 am–1:00 pm
- Imagination Playground at Cooper Hewitt Wednesday, July 11 11:00 am–1:00 pm