Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) (4 West 53rd Street)
Ages 4 to 16 can engage in lively discussions and fun activities while looking closely at modern masterpieces and cutting-edge contemporary art. One week we discussed why Mark Rothko paintings are like sandwiches then made our own Rothkos from pre-cut paper. Each month a new theme is introduced.
Tickets available at the information desk in the Education and Research building (4 West 54 Street) starting at 10 am; programs often fill up so arrive early. Includes free museum admission for up to two accompanying adults.
Nearby Eat & Treats: Casual Cafe 2 on the second floor has yummy Italian food and high chairs. In the summer snack on small plates and gelato in the peaceful Sculpture Garden. Stop by the midtown outpost of the inventive bakery Momofuku Milk Bar two blocks north (15 West 56th Street) for aptly-named crack pie and soft serve cereal milk ice cream.
More events this week | Sign up for our email list
Also at this location:
- MoMA Art Lab: Nature Monday, January 1–Monday, December 31 10:30 am–5:00 pm
- Stephen Shore Tuesday, May 1–Monday, May 28 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Tarsila do Amaral: Inventing Modern Art in Brazil Tuesday, May 1–Sunday, June 3 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Museum of Modern Art Free Hours Friday, May 25 4:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Museum of Modern Art Free Hours Friday, June 1 4:00 pm–8:00 pm
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, June 2 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Sunday, June 3 10:15 am–11:15 am
- Museum of Modern Art Free Hours Friday, June 8 4:00 pm–8:00 pm
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, June 9 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Sunday, June 10 10:15 am–11:15 am