New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
$154, $75/children, $225/family for members
Celebrate the people from American’s past who shaped the country a party benefiting this wonderful museum’s year-round family, school, and teacher programs. Enjoy hands-on historical activities, meet figures from the past, and eat lots of terrific food. Construct and wear your own Statue of Liberty crown, create a family tree and journey through Ellis Island with historical reenactors. Meet the global inhabitants of New Amsterdam as they chat in multiple languages, pose for sketches, and tell you about their time in the colony. Enjoy delicious food and drink, sing tunes, grab a goody bag, and more.
Nearby Eat & Treats: Feast on antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis ar Caffe Storico, the museum's classy but kid-friendly eatery. Get burgers and shakes at Shake Shack down the block (Columbus @ 77th Street).
More events this week | Sign up for our email list
Also at this location:
- Walk This Way: Footwear from the Stuart Weitzman Collection of Historic Shoes Thursday, April 20–Monday, October 8 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Feathers: Fashion and the Fight for Wildlife Friday, April 6–Friday, July 13 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Rockwell, Roosevelt & the Four Freedoms Friday, May 25–Sunday, September 2 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, May 25 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- New-York Historical Society Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, May 25 6:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Living History: Memorial Day Weekend Sunday, May 27 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- New-York Historical Society Storytime: Memorial Day Surprise Sunday, May 27 11:30 am–12:30 pm
- Living History: Memorial Day Weekend Monday, May 28 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, May 29 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, June 1 3:30 pm–4:15 pm