Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) (4 West 53rd Street)
$25, $18/seniors, $14/students, free/ages 16 & under
Examine the scene-changing, interdisciplinary life of this seminal downtown New York alternative space Club 57. We recommend guiding kids past images and videos that may raise questions you aren’t ready to answer to the very col neon Cosmic Cavern for the ultimate glow-in-the-dark I Spy.
Eats & Treats: Casual Cafe 2 on the second floor has yummy Italian food and high chairs. In the summer snack on small plates and gelato in the peaceful Sculpture Garden. Stop by the midtown outpost of the inventive bakery Momofuku Milk Bar two blocks north (15 West 56th Street) for aptly-named crack pie and soft serve cereal milk ice cream.
Also at this location:
- MoMA Art Lab: Nature Monday, January 1–Monday, December 31 10:30 am–5:00 pm
- MoMA Lounge Friday, June 1–Monday, December 31 12:00 am
- Bodys Isek Kingelez: City Dreams Friday, June 1–Tuesday, January 1 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- If Everything Is Sculpture Why Make Sculpture? Saturday, June 16–Monday, September 30 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Dream Building Drop-in Workshops Tuesday, June 26 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Museum of Modern Art Free Hours Friday, June 29 4:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Museum of Modern Art Free Hours Friday, July 6 4:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Dream Building Drop-in Workshops Tuesday, July 10 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Museum of Modern Art Free Hours Friday, July 13 4:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Museum of Modern Art Free Hours Friday, July 20 4:00 pm–8:00 pm